About Saybrook Bath & Racquet Club
About Saybrook Bath & Racquet Club
Saybrook Bath & Racquet Club Board Members
The Saybrook Bath & Racquet Club is run by a group of elected volunteers and is in place to be sure the facility remains financially sound while keeping it a safe and enjoyable environment. Board meetings are open to all members.
Kristen Bridgman and Sue Burton
Swim Team Chair
Water Polo Co-Chairs
Heidi Wallace and Suzi Horn
- Admission to the club is by check-in with a SBRC employee at the front desk. Membership records will be maintained for each family, Senior, or Trial Membership.
- All members/guests are expected to comply with the established rules/regulations.
- The Manager or Head Guard/s are authorized to interpret the rules and take disciplinary action when necessary
- Children under (9) years in age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult or babysitter of at least (10) years of age. After 6PM children under (12) years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- Non-swimmers must be accompanied and supervised in the large pool by an adult at all times. Guards reserve the right to restrict large pool use by members/guests who do not display adequate swim skills
- All swimmers under the age of (18) will be subject to an enforced rest period the last 15 minutes of every hour. Lifeguards are exempt from this rule.
- Toys six inches or larger may be used in the baby pool.
- Flotation devices are not allowed. Should a member with a mental/physicalhandicap require a special flotation devise, it should be brought to the attention ofthe Board
- Profane or abusive language will not be tolerated
- Employees of the club are not to be reprimanded by members of the club.Suggestions/complaints are to be written or communicated to the club presidentor member of the board.
- Pool rules are not to be discussed with lifeguards while they are on active duty inguarding chairs. Pool rules/questions may be discussed with the manager onduty
- Members/guests use the club facilities at their own risk. The club is notresponsible for destruction, theft, loss, or damage to the property of any memberor guest
- The member shall pay for any property of the club that is broken or damaged bya member or his/her guest
- Any member who intentionally allows an unauthorized person to use theirmembership status will be subject to a loss of privileges as determined by theBoard of Directors
- All items left in the “lost and found” over 10 days will be disposed of.
General Ground Rules
- Parking is permitted in the parking lot area. The club will not be responsible for theft or damage to any automobile or bicycle
- Animals are not permitted at any time
- Smoking will be permitted in the grass area only
- All eating and drinking must be confined to the “patio” or “grass” area.
- Food and Beverages are NOT allowed on the pool deck with the exceptionof water which must be in a plastic container. Glass is not allowed on thePool deck.
- The pool manager must approve all notices/signs
- No solicitation is allowed without prior Board consent
- Tennis Courts are to be used for Tennis play only. The courts are off limits forany other activityHealth
- All persons are strongly encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool
- Any person having a communicable disease, infection, or open would will bedenied admission to the pool
- Swimwear is required-no cut off shorts etc.
- Spitting/spouting of water is forbidden
- Swim diapers are required on all children that are not toilet trained. Rubberpants are also recommended
- Only clean soft-soled footwear is allowed on the pool deckSafety
- Swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool (25 yards) unassisted before being allowed to swim in the deep area.
- No one will be permitted in the pool while lifeguards are not on duty
- Running is not permitted
- The diving area is strictly reserved for diving from the board. Only one person at a time will be allowed on the board. Divers are allowed only once bounce on theboard each time. Once in the water, divers must swim to the pool edge/ladder.
- Rough play, towel snapping, dunking, etc are prohibited
- The baby pool is for children age (6) and younger. The child must be supervisedat all times by a person 17 years or older.
- Playing/Hanging on the lane lines or float rope is prohibited
- Private parties are to be arranged with the Manager at least one week in advance
- Private parties are allowed after open pool hours and will end no later than twelve midnight
- The contracted party sponsors are responsible for all actions of their guests.
- The pool grounds must be left in the “as found” condition
- Pool guards and management are not allowed to participate in party activities
- The pool does not close down for private parties
- Check with the pool manager for private party fees Guest Rules
- Guest charges are $5.00 per day per guest. There is no charge for children (3) and under, Seniors (60) and over or for the grandchildren of senior members. A pool member must accompany guests
- Naperville Residents are allowed to use the Club three times each season unless special approval is obtained from the Board. This would include children under (18) of senior members
- Any non-full time baby sitter who comes with the parents and children the work for will be considered a guest of the pool and be required to pay a guest fee. Sitters who come in lieu of parents to supervise children will not be required to pay a guest fee
- Non-Custodial parents who are not members accompanying children to the pool are required to pay guest fees
- Members cannot exceed 25 guests per visit during pool hours without prior permission from the pool manager
- The total number of guests allowed in the pool at any time is subject to the discretion of the pool manager on dutyTennis Play
- Players are required to wear non-marking, smooth-soled tennis shoes and suitable tennis attire at all times
- Tennis etiquette should be practiced
- Courts are reserved for tennis play only
- Unattended children should not be in the tennis area
- Court time may be reserved in advance by signing you family name to the reservation sheet in the guard house
- Court reservations will be 1-hour increments for singles play and 1 1⁄2 hours for doubles play
- Adults 18 and older shall have first call on the courts weekdays from 5pm to darkness and from noon to darkness on weekends. Members who fail to show up within 10 minutes of a reserved time will give up their court privileges
Please click on the Membership Information button below to view membership options.