Saybrook Sharks Swim Team
Our team is a part of the Naperville Swim Conference. We have a competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability.
We are a non profit club, is run by its elected Board of Directors which meets each month. All members are welcome at each meeting and encouraged to be involved in team activities and fundraiser. Our swim team is open to current Bond holders in good standing and trial members.
Swim Team Evaluations On Sunday, April 7th from 4:30-6:30pm we will be having a swim team evaluation at GoldFish Swim School on Quincy in Naperville. This evaluation is intended for any new swim team member who is 8 years of age or younger who has interest in joining the team but was not a member of the team last year. If you were in swim lessons last year and have any question as to whether your child is ready for team then we ask that you contact me and bring them to the evaluation. Please RSVP by April 3rd to Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim practice is Monday through Friday, beginning on June 1 and continuing through July 17 for those swimmers swimming at Classic and July 24 for those swimming at City. Swimmers should make an effort to be at practice every day to benefit from the training, conditioning and stroke work that the coaches provide. In the event that your swimmer cannot attend practice for several days in a row please let Coach Ruthy know in advance with a written note.
On cool mornings, (60 degrees or below) the coaches may lead the swimmers in dry land training and games. On those days swimmers should come to practice in warm ups and shoes.
Cancellation of practice will be emailed to all members through the TeamUnify email account. No practice will be held if there is lightning sighted.
2020 Practice Schedule Starts June 1
For more information about practices, meet schedules and socials, please see our website at www.saybrooksharks.org.
Swim Team Registration: April 1 – April 30
Cost: $185/Swimmer plus $15/Family Equipment Fee
Whether you are a returning family or a new family joining the Saybrook Sharks Swim Team, the registration process is simple two-step process and takes only a few minutes. Please read the information below for complete instructions on how to become a Saybrook Shark!
Step 1: Online Registration
- Go to saybrooksharks.org and click on ONLINE REGISTRATION (located on the left hand side of the page), then select the blue Register Now button.
- Returning Family? Please enter your email address and password to access your account and follow the prompts to register.
- New Family? Enter the email address you want to have on file (which will receive all Shark information) and then establish a Billing Account with the Team.
- Please register all your swimmers at the same time. Returning families using the same email address should have all their returning swimmers information in the system already. You will have the opportunity to add new swimmers to your family after registering your returning swimmer(s).
- Select the SWIM TEAM check box when asked to “Register this member to a group”
- Click “I AGREE” to electronically sign the Naperville Swim Conference Waiver form.
- A non-swimmer social fee of $5/child is available for siblings who would like to participate in the three team social events (Kick-off Party, Bagel Breakfast and The Shark Party) but are not involved in either lessons or team at Saybrook.
- Payment taken by credit card only through team website. No checks.
Step 2: Medical Waiver
To complete your registration you must mail/drop off the the Family Medical Waiver Form to the Swim Team President not later than April 30th to avoid a late fee. The Family Medical Waiver form is separate from the Naperville Swim Conference Waiver that was signed electronically. Your registration is not complete without the signed Medical Waiver Form.
Once all of these are received and processed, you will be sent an approval email and you will be granted access to your own private account for the Shark Team. Your private account is your one-stop-shop for maintaining your contact information, declaring for swim meets, signing up for jobs, interactively tracking your kids times, and much more. After registration closes, a separate e-mail will be sent out with details regarding Volunteer Sign Up, and registering your swimmer(s) for swim meets.